INCREASE SPACE, INCREASE CAPACITY
Introducing MaxSpace®, the next breakthrough in conduit space maximization. Since the first fiber optic cables were installed in the 1980s, the only way operators could add capacity to their networks was by installing new conduit and innerduct infrastructure. This was a time consuming and expensive process, with additional engineering and permitting costs, EPA reviews and approval, not to mention disruptions to traffic, homeowners and merchants.
Until Now... Meet MaxSpace
MaxSpace is a no-dig conduit space recovery solution designed to safely remove rigid innerduct from around active fiber cables with little to no load on the cable and no interruption of service.
Both the method of removing innerduct over operating cables and recovering space and the specialized equipment used are patented and protected. US Patent Numbers 9,391,433 and 9,391,434.
THE MAXSPACE SERVICE
- Recover space by removing rigid innerduct as cable is operating
- Active cables protected in a split metal tube (cables see little to no load)
- Extract innerduct that consumes most of the conduit space
- Incumbent cables settle to the bottom of conduit
- MaxCell is placed as rigid innerduct is extracted
- Split and chip the rigid innerduct for easy recycling and disposal
- Install new cables when needed
THE MAXSPACE SOLUTION
The Conduit Space Recovery Unit uses a split metal sleeve to protect the active cable while the innerduct is extracted. Rigid innerduct is then drawn into the machine using opposing drive wheels that force the innerduct through four cutting blades, slicing the innerduct into quarters. The sliced innerduct is then fed into a chipping machine and compressed into disposal bags.
The MaxSpace solution and installation team exceeded my expectations...
Jason Musick, Installation Maintenance and Repair Supervisor (IMR) | University of Central Florida
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Recover up to 90% of conduit space
- Add up to 9 new cables
- No disruption of service
- Cables can be placed immediately
- Safer than trenching or boring
- Service customer needs faster
- Larger diameter cable can be placed in MaxCell
- Save significant costs
- A NO DIG Solution
- NO engineering costs
- NO new trenches
- NO new conduit
- NO trenching permits required
- NO EPA oversight
- NO Right-of-Way red tape
- NO property restoration costs from trenching or boring
- Fast Process — A NO DIG Solution
- Remove innerduct in a fraction of time of trenching or boring
- Compact machine for tight vault spaces
- Less than 50 lbs. of tension on cables
- Install MaxCell during same service
- Easy disposal & recycling of rigid innerduct
- Homeowners and businesses are not inconvenienced
- Safer for pedestrian traffic
MAXCELL TO MAXIMIZE YOUR RECLAIMED SPACE
Complete your MaxSpace project by filling your new available space with MaxCell! Over 400 million feet and 1 billion pathway feet of MaxCell — equaling nearly 600 million feet of cable channel — have been installed globally. With its flexibility and space compression features, you can install up to 300% more cables in your network structures with MaxCell. Available in Standard, Detectable, Plenum, Riser and Self-Supporting, as well as in various sizes and numbers of cells, MaxCell can be used in any conduit encased, in cabletray, or wall-mounted network infrastructure. Use that new space to load your pathways with MaxCell and provide room for cables you need now and in the future!
MaxSpace - Increase Space, Increase Capacity in Networks
MaxSpace Conduit Space Recovery Solution
MaxSpace over Active Cable
DOWNLOAD THIS PAGE